rss
email
twitter
facebook

Thursday, February 11, 2010

Environmental Portrait

So for my portraiture class I got paired up with William. Our first class assignment was to take an Environmental Portrait of each other. This was a little difficult for me because William didn't play any sports so we had to think of something. He used to take karate lessons when he was a kid so he put on his gear, and I told him to hold a sword as a prop lol. Apparently his mother is japanese so the house was very oriental. We took a few snaps inside but I then took the set to the front of the house where the big bamboo trees were which gave it an asian karate kid theme hehe. All in all, it turned out pretty good. Now it's time for my turn either tonight or sometime this weekend to take a picture of me.... what to do....

2 comments:

Unknown said...

My thought? Drive your car to a farming area (irvine has those orange groves and strawberry farms) stand in front, and look distressed. lol. car = pollution. you = tired of breathing in bad air. HDR everything. lol. I donno it's just an idea. I want to see your picture!

BTW where are you taking your photo classes?

Manning said...

haha thx Chormander! I will have to try that out sometime on my own time. I didn't want to make him drive that far. I actually haven't even seen my portraits myself. We stuck to something easy and just went to a tennis court. I think he's still working on them. This semester, I'm taking them at GWC. But next semester I might take them at OCC. I heard they had a great Photography program. What about you? We should combine forces sometime!

Post a Comment